(keitai-l) Re: home from home

From: steve zurcher <stevezurcher_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12/03/03
Nick,

been there done that. Looks like such a device exists
over in Windows land already. This excerpt is from the
WSJ which is a paid site but you can to www.4migo.com
to check it out.

Steve

******

In a world of multiple PCs, keeping them all
coordinated is a hassle. Some people lug laptops home
every night, so they can work on their office files
and office e-mail after hours. Others use slow dial-up
connections at home or in hotels to perform cumbersome
remote log-ins to office networks.

But, what if you could take the key contents of your
office PC, and much of its look and feel, anywhere,
without lugging a laptop or logging in to your office
network?

A new $150 gadget about as big as your thumb, called
the Migo, lets you do just that.

You just plug the little Migo into the USB port of
your office PC -- or any other Windows PC you choose
--and software embedded on the device will copy onto
the Migo your recent Outlook e-mail, Web-page
"favorites," key files or folders you designate, even
your desktop icons and wallpaper.

Then, when you get to any other PC where you'd like to
work -- at home, at a hotel business center, Internet
cafe, etc. -- you plug the Migo in again and enter
your password.

In seconds, this "guest" machine is transformed into a
partial clone of your original PC.