(keitai-l) Re: keitais killing digital consumer cameras (Ore more) softly

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 12/19/03
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Giovanni Bertani wrote:

> > Low-end consumer cameras won't be killed until keitai come with a
> > decent flash. Current keitai are fairly useless in low-light situations.
>
> I agree with you. Flash and better lenses. But is this something
> difficult to put in a Keitai?

The better lenses are already here. I've seen prints of stuff from the
D505iS that show what it's capable of, and it's pretty impressive.
(Admittedly these were prints created by the manufacturer, but they did
claim that they were really taken with that camera, so....)

Flash: I'm not sure why we can't do it now. My keitai has a 3.6V 700 mAh
battery; my camera (Casio Exlim) a 3.6V 680 mAh battery. The latter is
slightly smaller and slightly heavier. The camera's good for about 60-70
flash shots; so it seems we've got battery technology good enough for a
flash.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org