(keitai-l) Re: keitais killing digital consumer cameras (Ore more) softly

From: Tom Hume <tom_at_futureplatforms.com>
Date: 12/19/03
Funny this thread should come up - I was just posting about camera
quality on phones on my weblog a couple of weeks back:

	http://www.tomhume.org/archives/000008.html

Basically: cameraphone quality might matter to people like us, but in
the long-term most photos taken on phones will only be viewed on other
handsets; so absolute image quality isn't as important as (say) flash
and zoom.

On 19 Dec 2003, at 09:33, Curt Sampson wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Giovanni Bertani wrote:
>
>>> Low-end consumer cameras won't be killed until keitai come with a
>>> decent flash. Current keitai are fairly useless in low-light
>>> situations.
>>
>> I agree with you. Flash and better lenses. But is this something
>> difficult to put in a Keitai?
>
> The better lenses are already here. I've seen prints of stuff from the
> D505iS that show what it's capable of, and it's pretty impressive.
> (Admittedly these were prints created by the manufacturer, but they did
> claim that they were really taken with that camera, so....)

[ excessive quoting removed by moderator ]

---
Future Platforms Ltd
www.futureplatforms.com
e: tom@futureplatforms.com