(keitai-l) Re: Bill Gates doesn't believe in MS Smartphone future?

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 03/19/04
On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Giovanni Bertani wrote:

> A question: Is watching a movie while your are walking , running,
> driving, commuting. How many DVDs have you seen on your laptop while
> travelling?

I know people who watch movies on their laptops on airplanes. I think
folks would do it a lot more, and on shorter trips, if you didn't have
to boot the thing up, have the battery life limitations, etc.

> A second question: Have you seen any movie more than 2-3 times on your
> TV? Should you see it several times on a small screen?

Probably the thing that would make this would be to be able to record
your favourite TV shows at home, transfer them to your device, and watch
them there. Then you can do not only time-shifting, but space-shifting.

> A fourth question: Do you expect/want smaller players for your music or
> bloated devices with a lot of features with that you will never use?

Sure we want smaller devices. But those never come out instantly;
there's always a big, expensive one that comes out for the early
adopters to try, and then in a few years you get the small, cheap ones.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org