(keitai-l) Re: location based gaming

From: Sam Joseph <gaijin_at_yha.att.ne.jp>
Date: 04/02/04
Hi All,

I'm wondering if Foma supports any location based information that could
be used by a java game.  I just downloaded the Doja3.5 emulator and docs
from docomo
but can't see anything to strongly indicate this would be so.  I ask
because although 3G does not include GPS by default - I thought that 3G
often included support for some degree of location based services -
either via cells, or triangulation.  I know docomo has their i-area
service which sounds like it is cell based, but does anybody know of any
location information that can be accessed in the Foma JVM?

Thanks in advance.

CHEERS> SAM