(keitai-l) Re: Nokia N-Gage 2

From: samnova <sam_at_novalicious.com>
Date: 04/15/04
Hi dc,

Sure MIDP 2.0 would be great, I would not mind that at all.. And throw
in JSR 82 for bluetooth and 184 for some 3D.. Symbian 8.0 sure why not..
But to be honest, what I expect is just the old N-Gage in a new box..
Okay, with different software installed (and deinstalled as with the MP3
player).

This would be the easy way to do things for Nokia and would guarantee a
larger backwards compatible. Just see the display, still only 4096..
Didn't take the step to the 65536 colored display as the Nokia 6600.. I
would not be surprised if the firmware is the same as on the current
N-Gage :)

Guess as long as the forum Nokia isn't updated with the tech info we
can't know for sure if we are looking at a brand new handset or just a
case...

Oh, regarding MP3.. On NGage I would expect it to be a pure software
solution, so if that's the case then why take it out (save a bit storage
of course) but then again, it opens up for third party mp3 players
(Maybe they don't like the idea about them been sued like Microsoft if
they force people to use their own software!!!).

Cheers,

Sam

[ excessive quoting removed by moderator ]