(keitai-l) Re: Nokia warns of tough times ahead

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 04/21/04
We have a graphic of the weight and volume of DoCoMo phones from
1990 to 2004, i.e. for a period of 14 years on our website, and
in our camera-phone report:

http://www.eurotechnology.com/imode/faq-handsets.html
and
http://store.eSellerate.net/eurot/camfonetrial

You can see that today's phones (e.g. 505i and 900i) are where
DoCoMo's phones where in 1996, i.e. 8 years ago in terms of weight,
and about the same as in 1994 in terms of volume.

As you can see, about 10 years ago the weight was a lot nore than
today.

We have a similar figure for the battery life also in our reports.

Hope this helps,

Gerhard

Petri Ojala wrote:
> Any bets when the latest gizmo phones will hit the size and weight of
> the grand old Nokia 2110 that was announced at Cebit 10 years ago?
> The NEC 808 is already pretty close.
> Petri "went from 76 to 97 g and it feels damn heavy in the pocket.."

Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
                                        http://www.eurotechnology.com/
Find us in "IBM developerWorks" and in "Chemical & Engineering News":
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/wireless/library/wi-elite8.html
http://pubs.acs.org/cen/topstory/8049/8049bus1.html