(keitai-l) Nokia 6650 in Japan

From: Jonas Petersson <zap_at_xms.se>
Date: 05/13/04
Hi,

Possibly slightly off topic: Does anyone have experience of using a 6650
(or similar) both in Japan and in Europe?

I've been told that Vodafone KK will provide you with two SIM cards, one
for GSM in Europe and a special one for WCDMA in Japan. I have two major
concerns:

Outgoing) Will an application set up to use GPRS in Europe "just work"
as before but over WCDMA when the SIM is swapped? (I'm particularly
interested in devices that use the 6650 via BlueTooth to access internet).

Incoming) Is the phone number shared between the SIM cards or are they
separate? (I'm particularly interested in whether an SMS sent to the GSM
SIM will arrive in Japan.)

Many thanks in advance - I'll be happy with a pointer to a FAQ (which I
apparently failed to find using Google).

			Best / Jonas
--
Jonas Petersson  |  XMS Penvision  |  mailto:Jonas.Petersson@xms.se
Box 3294, Västgötegatan 13, S-600 03 Norrköping | http://www.xms.se/