(keitai-l) Re: Premini and other trends

From: Ken Chang <carigate_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 05/16/04
Nik,

I hope I were in Japan to touch and feel those new handsets, too,
... and the "very nice looking campaign girls".

au/KDDI showed its arrogance by not attending one of the most
important computer trade shows.  au handsets are in high demand
and the prices are kept high after many months of introduction,
which they were not able to do before.

no question handset design is strongly influenced by the popularity
of terminal features and network services.

payment/NFC cards will be one of the hottest topics in the second
half of the year.  I'm a fan of multiple card slots, multiple air
interfaces (GSM/UMTS/cdma2000 ...), and multiple stacks/systems
(DoCoMo/au/Vodafone/KTF/China Mobile ...) which is very hard to be
accommodated by premini.

and btw, would please anyone who have experience with Opera tell us
how it will conquer the world? helped by large displays maybe?

cheers,

Ken