(keitai-l) Re: 3G competing with ADSL in Italy

From: Giovanni Bertani <giovanni.bertani_at_exsense.com>
Date: 05/19/04
Il giorno 19/mag/04, alle 12:01, Jan Michael Hess ha scritto:

Hi  Jan Michael

Very interesting.

> imagine that O2 Germany will soon launch a device for the office/home
> which has got UMTS as WAN interface and Wi-Fi as LAN interface. they
> also think that this is a cool alternative to ADSL because you can
> carry it around.

Is this going to be offered with a flat rate?

> the device comes from www.possio.com and they copied
> this idea from the UMTSTDD guys at www.airdata.ag who really offer a
> flat
> rate in Stuttgart at 45 Euro including VAT with ADSL 1000 speed.

Is not clear to me. Is the service from Airdata based on a regular UMTS
3G
network or is it a different standard?

Are they using the network from another operator or not?

Is strange to see such a service that is competing with those carriers
that have
payed so much for the 3G license.

Thanks

Giovanni bertani