(keitai-l) Re: 3G competing with ADSL in Italy

From: Jan Michael Hess <jan_at_mobileeconomy.de>
Date: 05/19/04
> > Imagine that O2 Germany will soon launch a device for the office/home
> > which has got UMTS as WAN interface and Wi-Fi as LAN interface. they
> > also think that this is a cool alternative to ADSL because you can
> > carry it around.
>
> Is this going to be offered with a flat rate?

Of course not. Final pricing is not announced for this particular product
but most probably volume- or time-based similar to Vodafone. Maybe with
a home zone discount.

> > the device comes from www.possio.com and they copied this idea from
> > the UMTSTDD guys at www.airdata.ag who really offer a flat rate in
> > Stuttgart at 45 Euro including VAT with ADSL 1000 speed.
> >
> Is not clear to me. Is the service from Airdata based on a
> regular UMTS 3G network or is it a different standard?

UMTSTDD = TD-CDMA TDD -> www.umtstdd.org

I covered Airdata already in Oct 2003, read here:
http://www.mobiliser.org/article?id=67

They have a WLL license they could use for the UMTSTDD network
they build by buying equipment from IPWireless.

Yes it is strange but true.

Jan.