(keitai-l) Re: Opera, Opera

From: Dave Harper <dharper_at_wirelessink.com>
Date: 06/09/04
Ken Chang wrote:

> what do you think of the Opera's "small screen rendering" or
> the ACCESS' "smart-fit rendering"?  and what will be the impact?

I believe these technologies are at best a short-term solution for the
viewing of legacy content during changing times (and yes in theory can
help somewhat with adoption of Mobile Internet.)

I also believe the long-term opportunity of the Mobile Internet does not
lie in awkwardly navigating through and viewing a 40 page word doc or
generating a slimmed down version of a web site that was designed for a
larger screen. Rather, the Mobile Internet is particularly suited as a
place to deliver, view and/or interact with specific and relevant
information. This will come about via a combination of mobile-optimized
content publishing/syndication tools and the evolution of existing
web-based development to a standards-based XHTML/CCS model.

My heart and mind (and I hope others) will be focused on exploring the
syndication/aggregation, publication and delivery of content to mobile
devices integrated with location-based and/or messaging technologies.
With a bit of planning the Mobile Intenet can have all the content of the
existing Internet with the added promise of being "so much more."

--
David W. Harper, Co-Founder
Wireless Ink