(keitai-l) Re: SUICA, Felica and Edy

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 06/25/04
Christopher:

Christopher Kobayashi wrote:
> Currently to charge your Suica you need to feed the card into a
> charging terminal, pay, and it spits it back out. Once we get our
> keitais w/ built-in Suica, would we just put the keitai close to the
> charger, and pay ... or the other way around?
>
> How about charging it just by connecting to some type of secure net
> enabled app(web/java) that connects to our bank/CC. Then we wouldn't
> need to goto a charging terminal, but I'm sure they thought about this
> already. It wouldn't be a direct connection between the two, you would
> need to approve moving money from your bank/CC to the Suica/Edy.

This is already in testing, and you'll find images of these i-Applis
in our reports:
http://www.eurotechnology.com/store/suica/
http://www.eurotechnology.com/store/walletphone/

That's one of the big points of putting FeliCa into the mobile phones:
to access the IC-card with iApplis, and do online + offline
transactions.

Gerhard

Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
fasol_at_eurotechnology.com               http://www.eurotechnology.com/
Find us in "IBM developerWorks" and in "Chemical & Engineering News":
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/wireless/library/wi-elite8.html
http://pubs.acs.org/cen/topstory/8049/8049bus1.html