(keitai-l) Re: SUICA, Felica and Edy

From: Claus Hoefele <claus.hoefele_at_gmail.com>
Date: 06/25/04
> Anyone on the list have an Edy card?

I've got Edy on my company ID (guess who I work for). I don't know how
you would get it as a separate card. I recently I see an increase in
advertising for Edy though.

Edy isn't very useful for me because in order to charge it I need to
go to a banking corner - next to an ATM where I get cash. I find cash
more versatile in this case.

In contrast to this I can charge my Suica in every station on my way
back/to work. The killer reason for me charging money on my Suica is
to avoid the long queues in front of the machines to get train
tickets. Once I have money on my Suica I would also spend it for other
reasons. That's why I think Suica will be more successful.

Maybe if you could charge both Edy or Suica via i-mode this advantage
would be void. But then Suica has the broader customer base.

Claus