(keitai-l) Re: SUICA, Felica and Edy

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 06/25/04
Benjamin:

some of what your write below is not correct.

For example, FELICA is NOT managed by Bitwallet -
Bitwallet is just a company making one of many
applications (ecash) on the Felica Platform. Bitwallet
does not manage Felica at all - Bitwallet is a
competitor of SUICA for the e-cash area, but not for
train tickets.

There are some other accuracies. You'll find a lot
of info in our FAQs and our reports. The FAQs are here:

http://www.eurotechnology.com/mcash/
http://www.eurotechnology.com/walletphone/

Good luck, Gerhard
http://www.eurotechnology.com/

Benjamin Joffe wrote:

[ excessive quoting removed by moderator ]

> Basically, Suica, Edy and NTT DoCoMo's IC are all the same technology
> applied to different
> sectors. It comes from Sony, and is managed partly by the company they
> set-up around the
> FELICA technology called BitWallet.

Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
fasol_at_eurotechnology.com               http://www.eurotechnology.com/
Find us in "IBM developerWorks" and in "Chemical & Engineering News":
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/wireless/library/wi-elite8.html
http://pubs.acs.org/cen/topstory/8049/8049bus1.html