(keitai-l) Re: FeliCa

From: Ken Chang <carigate_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 06/25/04
(1)
Edy and Suica are basically similar services using the same Sony
technology, only the two networks are separated at present.

using Suica at a kiosk or as a train pass are basically the same
payment, only different algorithms are used to calculate the fee.

you can run away with shoplifts before the staff can catch you, or
you can run fast though a Suica gate (made by Hitachi) before
the small doors can shut off.  I see foreigners do this in Shibuya
and Roppongi, probably American GIs.

btw, Edy was meant the currency to replace Euro, Dollar, and Yen.

(2)
there are two ways that FeliCa prepaid card: more packet usage
via networked applications and as a new payment solution to
wireless content providers.

the later may have big impact and shape the content market into
something more favorable to the content providers (let's wish).

though some operators may want to become a special payment service
provider, I don't think they can hijack the market.