(keitai-l) Re: Keitai Programming Info

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 08/20/04
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Timothy J Mckinnon wrote:

> one of the best little books for developing for jsky, ezweb and imode is the
> "Ketai Web Handy Reference"  (yes spelling is correct for Keitai)
> the ISBN number is       ISBN4-87280-427-9   cost me 1200 yen.

This is apparently out of print now.

However, browsing at Book 1st, I found another one that looks quite good:

    ケータイHTML
    コンパクトリファレンス
    ISBN 4-8399-1170-3
    http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4839911703

Most of the book is a description of each tag, or attribute on a tag,
with a list of which versions of the markup language on which phones
support it, a description, an example and a screenshot. It's also got
some listings of phones with their screen sizes and what version of the
markup they support, a list of emoji, and a colour reference. All in
all, pretty darn good, and quite readable even with almost no Japanese.

I should also, just to be (un)fair, give the blurb off the cover:

    This is the Compact Reference Series.
    It always puts at hand and When you
    wonder 'What's this? How do this?',
    you may look up quickly.
    From beginners to experts,
    this is useful and helpful for all user,
    always anywhere.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org