(keitai-l) Korean movie market (was RE: Re: DoCoMo M-Stage platform)

From: Michael Sydenham <michael_at_bxb.com.au>
Date: 09/03/04
Hi Ken

> would please anyone tell us something about the Korean market?

There was a brief but interesting blurb here
http://neasia.nikkeibp.com/wcs/leaf/CID/onair/asabt/fw/326704 under the
section entitled - "Korea Marks More Than 6 Million Movie Delivery
Subscribers" (scroll down on that page).

> I think they drove PacketVideo out (after stealing their technology?)

Dunno about driving out anyone - the carriers there seem to have pride
about their own ability to create tools similar to KDDI.

> and there are some (successful?) services.

When I visited there last year, I was surprised to learn of the relative
success of the made-for-mobile drama series. Adult content is quite
successful there, driving packet revenue very high there.

> I don't know the details,
> only over heard names like SKT June and KTF Fimm.

Regards

Michael.
--
bit by bit | http://bxb.com.au