(keitai-l) Re: Using Just One Markup Language

From: Kyle Barrow <kyle_at_pukupi.com>
Date: 10/13/04
On 2004 Oct 12, , at 13:40, Curt Sampson wrote:

> I have a
> reference called 「ケイタイHTMLコンパクトリファレンス」
> (http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4839911703)

This is an excellent reference although it is in need of an update to
cover XHTML MP (and Basic). <shameless plug> The i-mode Developers
Guide is also worth a look at. </shameless plug>

> I was wondering if anybody had any direct experience with this sort of
> thing, perhaps with some indication of pitfalls to avoid and so on.

KDDI skipped straight from HDML to XHTML so you will find very little
mention of WML on the EZWeb site. I suspect any HTML gateway
translation going on for non-XHTML KDDI mobiles is to HDML not WML.

When we were doing a lot of development for KDDI mobiles, I ended up
detecting and delivering HDML as we still used to get content type
errors with HTML. These days the percentage of KDDI's non-XHTML
browsers is so tiny I don't think it would justify the additional
development cost.

Kyle

--

mobile web gear | pukupi.com