(keitai-l) Re: Using Just One Markup Language

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 10/13/04
On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Kyle Barrow wrote:

> <shameless plug> The i-mode Developers
> Guide is also worth a look at. </shameless plug>

Already have it. :-) Unfortunately, there are two problems with it,
from my point of view: a) it's way too verbose; the same information in
reference, rather than tutorial form, for someone who knows the general
gist of things, should be perhaps 1/5 the size; and b) it covers only
i-mode, and not the other vendors. Well, I'm not the target audience for
this book, obviously.

> KDDI skipped straight from HDML to XHTML so you will find very little
> mention of WML on the EZWeb site. I suspect any HTML gateway
> translation going on for non-XHTML KDDI mobiles is to HDML not WML.

According to my guide, the A1100 and A1300 series used WML. (Though they
report themselves as a version 6 browser and seem to work fine with
XHTML.)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***        http://www.keitai-dev.net/wiki/         ***