(keitai-l) Re: Using Just One Markup Language

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 10/12/04
On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 Joshua@ltl-j.com wrote:

> I don't know much, but my Sony Ericson A5402S (made for AU) uses a browser
> called Mobile Browser 1.0.8.2 Universal Edition,  Made by Openwave
> Systems.  I wondered to myself if perhaps the browser itself is already
> built to handle wml, html, and maybe even chtml.

Well, in fact, it's a bit tricker than just what the
browsers understand, from what I've looked at. I have a
reference called 「ケイタイHTMLコンパクトリファレンス」
(http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4839911703) which seems to
indicate that, though the browsers on the earlier AU phones support only
WML or in some cases even only HDML, the gateway will translate XHTML
basic into something appropriate for the phone.

I was wondering if anybody had any direct experience with this sort of
thing, perhaps with some indication of pitfalls to avoid and so on.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***        http://www.keitai-dev.net/wiki/         ***