(keitai-l) Re: Nokia quietly announces HD equipped phones for theend of 2005

From: Benjamin Joffe <benjamin_at_newtgames.com>
Date: 11/08/04
Main reason I see are memory size and price.
Think about the difference between a iPod and a regular flash-based MP3
player.
A reasonable share of people apparently like to carry around a large
collection of songs.

There was an article recently about korean companies fearing to lose
market shares
because they did not start early enough to market HD-players.
Flash memory is nice and small-sized, but a 1GB card costs more than a
miniaturized
10GB hard-drive...
Flash memory was plenty enough for taking pictures, storing small apps,
and even 2-CDs worth of music
but if you start to add in video files, your complete CD collection and
5megapixels photos shots
then a larger memory is needed.

So it is probably not a good idea for some (I personnaly prefer
something light and small
to having a larger but heavier memory size) but will satisfy others.