(keitai-l) Re: lust

From: nick may <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 11/30/04
On Nov 30, 2004, at 10:40 AM, Curt Sampson wrote:

> No. But then again, you can now buy slim handsets that do phone,
> e-mail,
> web and have a camera. They're small enough that they can't get much
> smaller and still be usable.

Oh yes they can!

We have HAD phones that were smaller and slimmer than what is currently
available - my beloved F209i candybar for one, and the P504i that
graces my desk currently. They are both several generations old - so if
should now be possible to implement the same functionality in a smaller
package.

The premini? A mess. It is too thick. One factor (of many) in usability
is determined by the surface area available to stick controls on. The
premini saves space where it does not count, and does not have space
for where it does (control surfaces and screen).

Nick