(keitai-l) Re: lust

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 11/30/04
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, nick may wrote:

> We have HAD phones that were smaller and slimmer than what is currently
> available - my beloved F209i candybar for one, and the P504i that
> graces my desk currently.

I have owned both a P209i and an F504i, which pair are very similar to
yours, so I know whereof you speak.

AU's Infobar is a few grammes heavier than your P504i (I think--or is
it? It's 87g, which is 8g heaver than the F504i), and slightly longer,
but narrower and slimmer.

> The premini? A mess. It is too thick. One factor (of many) in usability
> is determined by the surface area available to stick controls on. The
> premini saves space where it does not count, and does not have space
> for where it does (control surfaces and screen).

It depends on how you carry your phone. For me as well the Premini makes
the wrong compromises; slimness is very important to me, and narrowness
is preferred as well. However, for someone who carries her phone in a
small purse, the premini may be the better form factor.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***        http://www.keitai-dev.net/wiki/         ***