(keitai-l) Re: lust

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 11/30/04
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, nick may wrote:

> You used to have a "netbsd" reference as a footer to each email...

Still do, in my non-keitai-l mail.

> Are you talking here about "vanilla linux" (such as it there is such a
> creature) or are you referring to a the various "hard real time"
> versions of the kernel (or "kernel with extensions"?)

I'm talking about the more-or-less vanilla Linux; are they using
something that's called Linux but is quite different?

Anyway, my thesis here is that Linux is basically a pile of source
code. Source code, despite the brouhaha people make over it, is not
really worth all that much, because integration and testing are the real
expenses. I just can't see this saving you all that much money unless
you're starting from zero.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***        http://www.keitai-dev.net/wiki/         ***