(keitai-l) Re: distribution requirements under linux (was Re: lust)

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 11/30/04
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, Shawn wrote:

> >     This source code, under the GPL license, includes the source code
> >     to any programs that are linked with it as well.
>
> Well that depends on how you define "linked".

Indeed, that is an issue.

> I believe you can put a non-gpl'd program into the phone (assumes as a
> separate executable) and link it via pipes, sockets or command-line
> arguments without legally being required to offer the source.

Correct. But I don't think that a device driver is going to talk to the
rest of the kernel via command line interface.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***        http://www.keitai-dev.net/wiki/         ***