(keitai-l) Re: Premium-priced SMS in Japan

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 12/16/04
On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Arnold P. Siboro wrote:

> Gerhard Fasol <fasol@eurotechnology.com> wrote:
>
> >  > I have a question about premium priced SMS.
> >  > I know SMS is not widely used in Japan...
> >
> > "SMS is not widely used" is an exageration... actually SMS is almost
> > not used at all in Japan, except for some SPAM.
>
> If what you mean by SMS is short messaging, than your "actually SMS is almost
> not used at all in Japan, except for some SPAM." is also an exaggeration.
> I use au's sms (cmail) extensively, so do my au friends.

In the context of "premimum SMS," I think Gerhard's comment is quite
correct: it's not used, because it doesn't even really exist. This
intent of this question was, to my mind, not at all about SMS as a
messaging system but about SMS as a payment model.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***        http://www.keitai-dev.net/wiki/         ***