(keitai-l) Re: Extra antenna for higher data rates on 3G

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 02/16/05
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Ken Chang wrote:

> like we can bind ISDN lines to get higher data rates, the same might
> be done that a connection be set up via a bundle of mobile phones,
> dividing the data at the source and reassembling at the destination.
> I had the idea more than 10 years ago (for TACS) but never tried it.

Only if the phones don't share packet-switched bandwidth, as someone
else pointed out is the case for this particular application. My
understanding of his message was that for any carrier and cell, there's
a fixed amount of bandwith available for all data, and all the phones in
that cell share it.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***        http://www.keitai-dev.net/wiki/         ***