(keitai-l) Re: Extra antenna for higher data rates on 3G

From: Johan Bengtsson <johan_at_doberman.se>
Date: 02/16/05
Let's see if I understand what is being said!

If I'm the only one connected to a base station with a 3G datacard, I
will get the entire bandwidth that base station have to the backbone.

If I had two datacards and there's three connections with the base
station, I would get 2/3 of the bandwidth available as opposed to 50% if
I only had one datacard.

An extra antenna wouldn't really make a difference unless there's heavy
usage at the nearest base station which would cause the coverage area to
shrink or if I'm just outside the normal coverage area of the nearest
base station and the antenna would strengthen the signals and thereby
increasing the coverage area of the base station.

Did I understand you all correct?

/Johan

[ excessive quoting removed by moderator ]