(keitai-l) Re: New Topic: Response to VF Bashing (was RE: Re: VFX (was Re: Vappli))

From: Arnold P. Siboro <asiboro_at_maltech.ne.jp>
Date: 02/16/05
Yes, so if you can ignore standards, you better do. Most countries can't,
because they don't have enough financial and technical powers to ignore
standards. And it seems that Japan and Korea do have both (and soon
China will follow, because they have both and world's biggest market).

Ironically ITU's chairman is from the country that hardly honors
telecommunication standars..

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:42:03 +0900 (JST)
Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Feb 2005, Ken Chang wrote:
>
> > neither Japanese nor Korean carriers care global standards, there are
> > hardly domestic standards among the operators for new data services,
> > and now they are the world's most advanced markets, the #1 and #2.
> >
> > why?
>
> Because standards slow you down. Making and using a standard is
> different from working alone in that:

[ excessive quoting removed by moderator ]

Arnold P. Siboro (asiboro@maltech.ne.jp)

The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my employer,
not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary.