(keitai-l) Re: Extra antenna for higher data rates on 3G

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 02/16/05
On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Johan Bengtsson wrote:

> If I had two datacards and there's three connections with the base
> station, I would get 2/3 of the bandwidth available as opposed to 50% if
> I only had one datacard.

Actually, most likely you wouldn't see 2/3 of the throughput because
of the inefficiences of splitting the traffic. You've also got to
consider the situation where you're the only user and you thus see less
throughput with two phones than one, again due to the overhead.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***        http://www.keitai-dev.net/wiki/         ***