(keitai-l) Re: Brew vs. Java

From: William Volk <bvolk_at_bonusmobile.com>
Date: 02/21/05
I think Java on Brew is one of these 'announcement' things designed to look
good to the press.  I've owned Brew handsets and have NEVER seen a J2ME
runtime available for it.

In a way it's a shame.  Qualcomm's BREW is a nice security and eCommerce
system ... Why NOT deliver J2ME apps with it?

As to Brew vs. J2ME ... Maybe Sun should pay attention to actually getting
the KVM's tested and certified.  The situation right now is that even basic
language functions (like array bounds checking) are broken on some handsets.

William Volk
CEO, Bonus Mobile Entertainment
858 692 1124