(keitai-l) Re: Brew vs. Java

From: Mathieu Castelli <mathieu_at_newtgames.com>
Date: 02/24/05
>Isn't Java and BREW two different standards in programming? Why would
>anyone want to run Java on top of BREW while you can either program in
>either both environments? Maybe I'm wrong but I just feel its overkill.
>Maybe someone can enlighten me on this.

Because redeveloping your app/game interface is a lot of hassle.
Especially if you don't need the last CPU cycle and memory space of the
device and would happily trade those unused resources for the relief of
not having to spend & manage another code branch for your project. Add
to that the fact that C/C++ talents may not be among your existing team,
and I think you have a strong case for hoping BREW ever supports Java.

Mathieu