(keitai-l) Re: 3G Questions

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 02/24/05
Virgil - answers below:

Virgil wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have some questions regarding 3G.
>
> First, does the user have to per. packet download like the original
> Docomo Imode model?

No, not necessarily. All three 3G carriers in Japan have fixed
fee plans, which give you unlimited data.

> Secondly, what if video is streamed into their 3G cellphones? How does
> streamed information affect pricing?

I don't understand your question. Streamed video does not affect the
pricing of other usage - at present there is no cross-usage discount
there. For DoCoMo streamed video is a different video circuit connection
price independently of other usage.

Video mpeg downloads however are included in the monthly package if you
have one.

> Thirdly, does all 3G cellphones (FOMA & AU)  have the ability to view
> streaming videos if its streamed real time?

No.

> I know these questions are pretty rudimentary. Thank you for taking the
> time to answer them if you can.

Not rudimentary at all. By the way, we have a report about 3G in
Japan which explains all of this in detail:
http://www.eurotechnology.com/store/3G/

Best wishes - and good luck!

Gerhard
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
fasol_at_eurotechnology.com               http://www.eurotechnology.com/