(keitai-l) Re: Vodafone does FeliCa

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 03/01/05
On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, Colin Belton wrote:

> JR already does. I remember pressing the wrong button on one of the
> older Suica machines (the ones that also sell other types of cards) last
> year and getting a long list of all the stations I had entered and
> exited. The list also included train fares.

Yes, that button is still available. However, I do believe that that
information is stored not in JR's databases, but on the card. After all,
that is the whole point of using an expensive option like Felica, rather
than something much cheaper that simply has an ID number: the card can
securely store information such as how much credit you have left and
where you got on, so that you can do local processing of transactions
rather than central processing.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***        http://www.keitai-dev.net/wiki/         ***