(keitai-l) Re: Vodafone does FeliCa

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 03/01/05
On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Colin Belton wrote:

> I doubt there would be much merit in keeping [train riders'] data for
> a long period of time. I suppose they could use the data for analyzing
> consumer behavior, but would it really be worth it?

A lot of companies keep data almost seemingly because it's cheap to
keep. As well, police or other agencies may request that the data are
kept for quite some time. If you're arrested in New York, for example,
one of the first things the police will do is take your Metrocard and
use it to find out where you've been travelling since you bought the
card.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***        http://www.keitai-dev.net/wiki/         ***