(keitai-l) Re: japan device capabilities

From: Christopher Kobayashi <chriskk_at_gmail.com>
Date: 11/02/05
Using the PEAR class Net_UserAgent_Mobile as a starting point, how
about the following:

Common class methods:
getCarrierLongName
getCarrierShortName
getDisplay
getHeader
getName
getUserAgent
getVersion
isAirHPhone
isDoCoMo
isError
isEZweb
isJPhone
isNonMobile
isTUKa
isVodafone
isWAP1
isWAP2
makeDisplay
noMatch
parse
raiseError

Display class methods:
calcSize
getDepth
getHeight
getHeightBytes
getSize
getWidth
getWidthBytes
isColor

EZWeb class methods:
getDeviceID
getModel
getServer
isEZweb
isTUKa
isXHTMLCompliant

There are more, but I'll spare you. See the PEAR docs for more details:
http://pear.php.net/package/Net_UserAgent_Mobile/docs/0.25.0/classtrees_Net_UserAgent_Mobile.html

These are the method calls for the various Classes, and give an idea
on what kind of meta data people use. For instance the getWidth is
useful to calculate if an image should be/can be displayed. Other
useful info I would like to see is image file formats that are
supported: JPEG, GIF, PNG. Maybe even format versions ...

I haven't played w/ video or audio, but I'm sure with the new batch of
mobiles the ability to know the device capability will come in handy
in your next mobile web project. Also, QRCode and Felica capability
doesn't seem too far off.

chriskk

--
b: http://moblog.oreno.org/