(keitai-l) Re: new entrants to the JP keitai market?

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 11/10/05
On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, Nick May wrote:

> I think the more players there are in the market the more likely we
> are to get decent high-end handsets - and the more fragmented the
> market becomes the more it will have to follow "standards". Which
> brings things like AJAX and so on that little bit closer.

Perhaps "closer," but not necessarially "close."

All the technology needed to do Ajax has been available in "modern"
browsers since 1999. The reason it took six years for people actually to
start doing this in a major way was the incompatability between browsers
for the same sorts of activities.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***           http://www.keitai-dev.net/           ***