(keitai-l) Implementing a Messaging Push System in Japan

From: William Volk <bvolk_at_bonusmobile.com>
Date: 11/10/05
All,

    I know that SMS isn't all that popular in Japan, and that short-length
email is the preferred way of sending messages.  So I have the following
questions:

1. Is there an equivalent of a "SMS Shortcode"?  A short address used to
access a service.

2. Can I push the address of a i-mode page (C-HTML) in a message?  A DoJa
application?

3. Can location (GPS) information be determined by a server receiving a
message?  By a C-HTML server?  Or is that limited only to a DoJa applet.

4. Does mobile Flash (Flash-lite) have access to GPS information?

Thanks,

William Volk