(keitai-l) Re: new entrants to the JP keitai market?

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 11/10/05
That and the fact they hadn't *thought* of it - but there was no
"feature complete" open source browser available during that time to
focus people's minds, as there will be when the webkit based phone
browser goes live.
I don't doubt Docomo will trundle on as it does at present, but the
new entrants may bring a boatload of Nokia/Symbian handsets into the
market - and MARKET them effectively, which Voda has singularly
failed to do.

(Case in point, the 702NK. The Salling Clicker (and similar for Win)
is the "killer app". Most JP men of my age I have demoed it to have
gone positively priapic at its capabilities - and astonished that
Voda hasn't made more of it. A 30 second commercial of someone
controlling a powerpoint presentation from their keitai at work, then
their computer based home entertainment system at home, would sell
boatloads and GIVE Voda the "youngish salaryman" market. Same with
its iSync capabilities - it 'aint that everyone has Mac's but Mac are
perceived as "cool". But I digress.)

Nick