(keitai-l) Re: SMS vs mobile email

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 12/01/05
Nick- thank you.

My thinking is that everybody on this list has some commercial
reason for taking part in the list - unless he/she is s total
"keitai-otaku".

I object that plugs promoting big companies with powerful
brandnames and publicly traded shares are acceptable
(e.g.: "look this up on Google" is a commercial plug for a big company)
while similar plugs for smaller companies are rejected.

Also, at the bottom of every keitai-l email I receive there
is a URL-plug for a company called "Appelsiini Finland Oy" -
I don't object to that since I guess they sponsor the free
server and moderating service, but I feel that if plugs for
the company Appelsiini Finland Oy, Google etc are permitted,
then why should we not be able to information which our
company has on our own server when it applies to questions
asked?
Also regarding the charging of fees for some of our reports:
who says that all information in this world should be
available without charge? This is not possible.

Gerhard

Nick May wrote:
> Eurotech plugs are - ah -  traditional.  Google likes to be tossed
> fresh meat every so often.
> Speaking for myself, (I.e, someone with no say over list policy/
> moderation) I think on balance Gerhard chucks out enough useful free
> info of interest (to me, at least) to make the ODD implicit plug  -
> tolerable ....
>
> Note that as far as google is concerned, your complaint is just
> another plug...
>
> Nick
>
>>Shouldn’t the plugging of businesses and services be avoided on a
>>public, board ? Ive only been a member of this list for a few days and
>>http://www.eurotechnology.com has been plugged too many times.

Gerhard Fasol, PhD                          Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
http://fasol.com/                       http://www.eurotechnology.com/