(keitai-l) Re: smartphones

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 12/13/05
On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, Nick May wrote:

> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/12/09/ms_sub-300_pda_phone/

Enlightenment! Also from paragraph three:

     Windows Mobile [is] almost entirely focused on high-end devices like
     smart-phones and PDAs with integrated telephony.

So a "smart-phone" has much the same functionality of a regular
mid-range keitai, except with a larger OS, with more bugs, that needs
more CPU and memory, and has vastly better capability for supporting
viruses, trojans, and programs that can crash your phone and wipe out
your data. And all at higher cost!

Well, I'm happy to know that the Mobile Industry Analysts in Europe and
America are more perceptive than me and can see the evident advantages
of such a device.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***           http://www.keitai-dev.net/           ***