(keitai-l) Re: Possible to Make Personal Ringtone Available for Download?

From: Paul Lester <paul_at_thetamusic.com>
Date: 12/13/05
    Its REALLY EASY usually.

    Also most of the time, you just put in
and it will work.  With older phones it was a
whole lot more troublesome (only for AU and JPhone).
Outside of Japan you often need all sorts of wacky tags,
try the a href approach first and see how many it works
for.  Then you can add some fancier ways of doing
it later.

    I usually just link straight to the file with NO TAGS at all:

http://mysite/ringtone.mld
http://mysite/ringtone.mmf
http://mysite/ringtone.3gp

    I put them in an email to the phone or I bookmark it straight on
the phone.

etc.

    Still for AU (I need it for my not so old TuKa),
you may need the latest version of
the famous ez.cgi, then you just have to get that
perl script to run and you'll be fine and pass the filename
with the f parameter.  Remember to set the path to
the directory where your files are stored.

    Last I checked it was still available from AU.

    The fancier tags are usually needed for copyright management,
trial listening and other features not needed for a simple
one off ringtone. (And for other countries like the US, Taiwan, etc etc).

--
Paul B. Lester

EMAIL: paul@thetamusic.com
--