(keitai-l) Re: imode JP news in English 2006

From: Michael(tm) Smith <smith_at_xml-doc.org>
Date: 12/28/05
David Harper <dharper@wirelessink.com> writes:

> My project WINKsite (http://winksite.com[1]) offers among other services a
> mobile feed reader. We are currently testing the service over various
> Japanese networks with various keitai's/mobile browsers. The feed content
> paginates, should work on any recent model keitai/browser (and if not let us
> know and we'll sort it out.)

I just tried it with my EZWeb browser and it works great.

In particular, the automatic pagination is really nice.

> Note: For now you have to configure via desktop but from there on
> access/manage via your phone.

One suggestion: As a convenience feature, you could have it
generate a QR code for the site URL. That way, after I create it
using the desktop interface, I can just use my phonecam and QR
reader to access it right way.

And/or you could just add the ability to e-mail the URL to any
arbitrary e-mail address. The current mechanism for sending the
site URL to a mobile phone seems to be limited to only US phones.

> Under the category for news in Japan we have the following listings:
>
>   * Antipixel - Full Posts
>   * asahi.com
>   * bento.com news
>   * CNET Japan
>   * CPAN
[...]

Nice. Could I ask you to consider adding Tokyo Metblogs to that
News:Japan subcategory list?

  http://tokyo.metblogs.com/

That site is a group "metro" blog for Tokyo. I expect to very soon
be adding a number of other active Tokyo authors who will be
blogging there occasionally.

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith