(keitai-l) Re: QR codes - used outside of Japan yet?

From: Philip Sugai <philip_at_iuj.ac.jp>
Date: 01/12/06
Michael,

There's a great article in this month's Dime magazine (February/March
2006 in Japanese) about QR codes.  http://www.digital-dime.com/  In the
printed magazine its on page 158-160.  Although it's about the Japanese
market, it give a very interesting overview and details about the
capabilities and limitations of these codes.

For clarification, I believe a QR or "Quick Response" code, is just the
name given to 2D "2-dimensional" barcodes by Omron.  So I believe that
these are one and the same thing technically (but please feel free to
correct me if I'm wrong).

Philip

--
Philip Sugai