(keitai-l) ClassFormatError

From: Serge Besnard <serge.besnard_at_laposte.net>
Date: 01/18/06
Dear All,

I have made an i-appli for DOJA 1.5oe which works fine on the NTT
emulator. When I download it on a LG342i, the program exits after trying
to open a simple class extending Object, with ClassFormatError.
Before crashing, the JVM has had time to create the IApplication, create
and display a JPanel, so I am baffled. I do not use obfuscation.
I compile with the command line, with the following commands :

E:\jdk1.3.1_17\bin\javac.exe @args.txt @classes.txt

with args.txt :
-g:none
-bootclasspath E:\JAVA\iDK\lib\doja_classes.zip;E:\JAVA\iDK\lib\classes.zip
-d E:\JAVA\iDK\apps\KD\classes
-target 1.1
-sourcepath E:\JAVA\iDK\apps\KD\src

and classes file containing my IApplication java file.

then :

E:\JAVA\iDK\bin\preverify.exe -cldc -classpath
E:\JAVA\iDK\lib\classes.zip;E:\JAVA\iDK\lib\doja_classes.zip -d
E:\JAVA\iDK\apps\KD\preverified E:\JAVA\iDK\apps\KD\classes

Is there a size limit to a class ?
My java classes belong to different packages, is that a problem ?

Thanks for your help

Serge