(keitai-l) Looking for wave to mld audio conversion tools

From: Peter Van der Weeen <pvanderweeen_at_cerego.co.jp>
Date: 12/05/06
Hi,

Over the past years we've developed a number of educational i-applis
here at Cerego and we are now planning on releasing a new  generation of
Java and Flash light applications featuring full audio playback.

Our main issue at this point is the audio conversion. We have a few
thousand audio clips (words and short sentences in wav or mp3 format)
that we'd like to play back on Docomo phones so we are looking for a
tool to convert these to the proper mld formats (which kind of depends
on the user's phone model).

So far we've been using this -almost free- tool for our prototypes and
first generation appli:
http://www.hundredsoft.jp/wav2mld/index.html
It's great for small amounts of files although we need to spend a fair
amount of time checking the output. Since in the next phase we would
like to convert 10.000+ audio clips we're looking for other, better
tools.

It has been pointed out to us that if we would become an official Docomo
content provider then we should get access to professional tools but
that is not really an option since we are offering these applications to
our users for free.

Does anyone know if there are any good tools out there we could use for
this? Or is there a company that could convert these for us (for a
reasonable fee)?

An help would be greatly appreciated.

Peter