(keitai-l) Re: Opera Mini 3 is out

From: Mika Tuupola <tuupola_at_appelsiini.net>
Date: 12/04/06
On Nov 29, 2006, at 3:26, Kyle Barrow wrote:

> If your mobile can handle it, Opera Mini 3.0 is out:
> http://www.operamini.com/

Which reminds me. The new Series 60 browse (1)r is absolutely fabulous.

We recently wrote an web application which included clickable map,
uploadable photos and some ajax stuff. Converting it to S60 browser
was a breeze. We just needed to redesign some parts of userinterface
to be more small screen friendly. All JavaScript stuff worked as it
was. I even ran jQuery's (2) unittests against S60 browser and it
only failed 4 of 226 tests.

Not all is that good though. I recently bought a new N73 only to find
out it does not have the latest version of  browser. Only N95 has the
latest version. Even though software is supposed to be updateable
there is no new version available anywhere. Nokia fails to answer
mails regarding the matter.

1) http://www.s60.com/business/productinfo/
applicationsandtechnologies/webrowser
2) http://jquery.com/