(keitai-l) Re: iphone

From: Arnold P. Siboro <asiboro_at_maltech.jp>
Date: 12/06/06
In Japan Son used to be called the "Bill Gates" of Asia (Japan), and
they seem to be close friends. I hope Son and Jobs can go along well,
since I want an iPhone too;)

Pada Wed, 6 Dec 2006 16:09:47 +0900
si martyn_williams@idg.com bilang:

> Well, the Nikkei reported in the summer that Jobs and Son met to do a deal
> on the iPhone. I also note that Softbank was giving away iPods with
> handsets a little while back.
>
> Martyn
>

> keitai-l-bounce@appelsiini.net wrote on 12/06/2006 14:07:56:
>
> > Should there be an iPhone release in January, any thoughts on which
> > of the JP carriers would introduce it here?
> >
> > If (as has been suggested) the first iteration will basically be an
> > iPod nano with phone functionality  - (not the other way around....)
> > will this allow carriers to sell the phone at close to cost, without
> > a large subsidy - on the basis that people have shown themselves
> > quite willing to purchase their nano's for hefty sums.
> >
> > Nick

Arnold P. Siboro (asiboro@maltech.jp)

"A lie can travel half-way around the world while truth puts on its shoes."
                                         -- Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)