(keitai-l) Re: iphone

From: Arnold P. Siboro <asiboro_at_maltech.jp>
Date: 12/06/06
Perhaps the writer meant in term of brand awareness?
I guess almost nobody outside Japan knows what Softbank is.
In fact many non-techies in Japan still thinks Softbank is a Bank where
you can do financial transaction. Things start to change in Japan since
Son bought Daiei Hawks and renamed in Softbank Hawks, but still the name
rings no bell for people in many areas of the world.
In comparison, NTT is quite famous in many areas outside Japan, as well
as DoCoMo.

Pada Wed, 6 Dec 2006 16:30:01 +0900
si Gerhard Fasol <fasol@eurotechnology.com> bilang:

> Nick,
>
> on May 13, 2006 Nikkei wrote about a SoftBank/Apple cooperation
> for an iPod type phone - we wrote about this in our blog:
> http://eurotechnology.com/blog/2006/05/ipod-mobile-phones-for-japan.html
>
> This was later picked up in a comical article by BusinessWeek, who
> wrote that according to former (!) Apple executives, Apple would never
> partner with a "smallfry" as SoftBank - as I pointed out in our blog:
> http://eurotechnology.com/blog/2006/05/softbank-small-fry.html
> actually the writer at BusinessWeek had overlooked that
> SoftBank is almost twice as big as Apple Computer in terms of sales ...
>
> Gerhard

Arnold P. Siboro (asiboro@maltech.jp)

Technology is dominated by two types of people:
Those who understand what they do not manage.
Those who manage what they do not understand.
				-- Putt's Law